To sprout, grow, and flourish the next generation of budding Product ManagersRegister for Demo Day here! We have partnered with Wonsulting and you’ll have the option to upload your resume to be sent to 13+ companies hiring for part/full-time roles. You don’t want to miss out on this event!
Welcome aboard to the Product Buds Project Jam! Whether you're an aspiring Product Manager (PM) who just stumbled on this field recently or a current PM who's well-versed in many areas of Product, this opportunity will allow you to sharpen core business, technical, teamwork, and interpersonal with others in the community!What are the Objectives of Project Jam?
Through collaborating with aspiring PMs on team projects this summer, you will:
- Improve your knowledge by executing on stages of the Product Development Lifecycle
- Sharpen your business acumen, technical competence, and leadership capabilities
- Showcase a work sample during the recruitment process for a PM internship or full-time job, thereby boosting your competitiveness (especially if you don't have prior PM experience)
- Form long-lasting connections with a diverse community of other aspiring PMs
For the duration of the project creation, we will follow a phased schedule adapted from Nielsen Norman Group's renowned Design Thinking framework. We have modified it to form the PB Project Jam: Product Development Cycle.Project Publishing & Feedback (by August 3rd)
By August 3rd at 5 PM PST, submit your project slide deck (and optional max 10-minute video recording of your presentation) on the Project Jam Devpost and you will receive feedback from the community & industry PMs!Demo Day Finalists Notified (August 8th)
On August 8th at 5:00 PM PST, the top FIVE project teams will be notified of whether their team has been selected to present their project on Project Jam Demo Day!Demo Day Presentations (August 15th)
On August 15th at 9:30 AM PST, five project teams will present a 10-minute pitch of their project to the Product Buds co-founders & team, community, and a star-studded panel of Product leaders for the chance to win cash prizes and other amazing Product resources!
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Each Project Jam team must submit a Pitch Deck to Devpost that includes the following elements:
- Problem Statement: What is the main problem you are solving? Clearly state this in one to two sentence(s).
- User/Customer Profile: Who is your target customer/user? What do they do? What are their motivations? What do they care about?
- Value Proposition: What is your proposed solution? What are its key features? How does it solve your target user/customer's problem? How does it differ from existing solutions?
- Market Validation: Why is your idea worth pursuing? Is there a real need for your solution? Does your solution actually satisfy the needs of the target user/customer? Prove it using research findings. Make a strong case by stating a combination of qualitative data and quantitative data. Examples include interview testimonials, survey results, or other data found online (cite sources if applicable).
- Prototype: Feel free to show your product in action through images/screenshots, demo video recording, gifs, or links. Remember, this is a prototype, not a final product that is ready to launch to the App Store tomorrow.
- Future Iterations: How will you change or improve your solution based on the feedback you received from your target user/customer? If you have another month to work on this, what will your next steps be?
There is no minimum or a maximum number of slides as long as you hit all the points above. However, a good Product Management skill to practice is communicating information in a clear, concise, and visually appealing manner.
Bonus: You can also include a max 10 minute video recording of your team's presentation in addition to your slide deck. Submitting a video recording of your presentation could increase the likelihood that you are selected to be a Demo Day finalist but is not required for submission.